Saturday, May 18, 2013

Virtual Ride Report from Thursday Lunch Ride

When I woke up Friday morning here in India, I couldn't wait to see who posted their ride stats from the Thursday ride.  This lets me know who made it out, how they did, etc., but primarily it gives me some incentive to get in the gym and train.  I try to break down the ride based on segment and overall ride stats, so here's how I envision how the ride went. 

As Strava shows it, it looks like Todd, Vince, Adrian, Vin and Jaffe made it out for the lunch ride.  However, based on the way their GPS stats posted, it seems that Todd and Vince pretty much broke away by the S-Gary Peltason segment and just never looked back.  It is odd that Vin, Adrian and Jaffe had a fairly low average speed through that segment, so maybe there was also a flat?  However, the move time and the elapsed time doesn't appear to support it with less than 3 minutes between them, so I'm thinking Todd and Vince just  took off.  

In most of the segments, Vince and Todd were killing it, but Adrian, Vin and Jaffe had some good numbers on the flat sections and the latter part of the ride.  Hell, Adrian even got a KOM on the Chambord Shuffle segment, so it looks like the three in the chase group were going for it after all the climbing was done.  It even looks like Adrian and Vin had a little sprint at the end, but with matching speeds on the Landing Strip segment, let's just say it was a tie.  

a 21+ mph average with 1600+ feet of elevation gain including some notable climbs is hella impressive, so it looks like Todd and Vince are preparing to give me a brutal beating when I return.  Even the ~20 mph average for the chase group is impressive, so I'm thinking starting a Jenga team sounds pretty good about now.  Just so you guys know, I am continuing to do the interval training here on the stationary recumbent bike and on the upswing intervals, I'm rattling off ALL your names in my head for the entire 2 minutes.  Crazy?  Probably...haha.  I just know it won't be pleasant returning to ride with you guys after a two week hiatus, so a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  

Good job, gents, and thank you for your continued inspiration!   

No comments:

Post a Comment