Friday, July 18, 2014

BRCM Lunch - Now THAT'S What I Call A Team Ride

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/activities/167708324

Highlights:

  • Although we got a late start given Todd and Vince being in a meeting, I'm glad I waited as it was definitely a lot better than riding alone.
  • Vince got his new steed, a sexy black R3 with Di2 and some carbon Shimano wheels.  Can you say "uh oh?"  
  • We decided to do the bike trail, Knollcrest, and Ridgeline for today's route, but pull back to about 80% to save up for the weekend.  We did exactly that.  
  • It was great teamwork throughout with everyone taking turns up front, no breakaway antics, and just good solid riding/rotating.  My average heart rate was only 144 and I never even entered Z5 once.  Cool!
  • We even got to talk about Vince's new bike during the ride.  I think this is what Hiroshi would refer to as a conversational pace.  
  • 20.5 mph average (20.7 per my Garmin) for this route further substantiates the mellowness.
  • Can every ride be like this?  HA HA.  Actually, we need the madness for the training, but these types of rides are definitely fun to do with the team.  
Thanks for coming out, Vince and Todd.  You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment