Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lunch Ride #26 - Turtle Rock Ring Loop

Strava:  https://app.strava.com/activities/281135846

Attendees:  Shannon, Hiroshi, Mitchell, Jaffe, Seon and me

Highlights:

  • I led team out but got winded right away (age?)
  • We were all together at the light on Bonita Canyon
  • On the climb up Shady, Seon and I dropped off and just watched as the rest of the guys pulled away.  We lost sight of them at the base of Turtle Rock
  • On the climb, Seon busted out with a sense of urgency in his climb and broke away for a bit
  • He and I stayed together all the way through Shady, but he kept encouraging me to go ahead.  Umm..it's not like I was holding back (plus my left foot hurt).  :)
  • Glad to see Hiroshi, Jaffe and Mitchell after cresting Shady, but they didn't really wait until we latched on.  Shannon was just gone at this point.  According to Strava, he opted to drop everyone else on Turtle Rock (got some KOM bling to go with it - those were mine by the way)
  • It took getting next to the 405 on the bike trail before we were able to latch on.  Jaffe seemed like he was trying to get away at one point, but he was reeled in by Mitchell and Hiroshi.  
  • On the climb up Ridgeline, Hiroshi led the way all the way to the top.  Mitchell seemed like he could go faster at some points...but didn't.  I just tried to recover.
  • The rotations resumed on the way down Turtle Rock and most of the way up Culver with Jaffe leading the way initially. 
  • We stayed together and fought the wind through the rest of the ride.
  • We got a little held up before the Condo with an SUV waiting at the corner, but we held a good pace on the way up.  
  • Despite the average, the effort seemed pretty high for me.  These guys are killing me!
Thanks to all for making it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment