Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lunch Ride - A Pig by Any Other Name is Still Just a Pig

Strava:  https://www.strava.com/activities/303289376

Attendees:  Vince, Mitchell, Jaffe, Vin and Me

Highlights:

- Shannon sighting...guess he was interested in doing his own thing today
- Nice to see Vince back out with the crew again.
- I was on TT bike today due to problems with road bikes.
- Vince and Mitchell took off and created a sizeable gap climbing up E. Peltason
- Jaffe and Vin stayed with me until they realized that I wasn't doing well in keeping up and opted to drop me on Anteater.  I knew it was going to be a long day after that.
- Fortunately we regrouped at Bonita Canyon and I started helping out with rotations given I was on a cheater.
- When we made our way onto Turtle Rock, others were still rotating but I pushed up front and lead for a good portion of the way down toward Campus.  Vince took over before the bottom, and everyone started pulling away as we started climbing the other side.
- I lost sight of everyone after the Ridgeline intersection and was pretty much on my own from that point.
- I hoped to catch a glimpse of the others up Shady, on the 405 bike trail and even on Ridgeline but nope, nope and nope.
- My bike was a pig climbing up Ridgeline today.  An absolutely pig.  The wind just didn't make it fun and the bike felt like it weighed a ton.
- Going down Turtle Rock toward campus, I had some pretty decent speed but I still didn't see anyone.  With how i climbed Ridgeline, I figured I was on my own.
- When I made the turn onto Campus, I saw 3 guys sitting at the light.  I took off to make sure they didn't leave me behind and almost ran into a lady who decided to pull out in front of me. Thankfully, I still made the light with the 3.
- Vin took off up the hill but Jaffe and Mitchell decided to latch on as I made my way past them and toward and past Vin.
- I was rather angry with myself at how difficult today's ride was (carried over from how crappy my run was from yesterday...lack of sleep), so I was really mashing the pedals at that point.
- I continued on with the others in tow as we made our way onto Bonita Canyon and was just trying to punish myself at that point.  Jaffe pushed up (probably after remembering our conversation last Thursday) for a little bit, but I relieved him shortly after given no one pushed up with him.
- With a head wind still, I just kept mashing it trying to blow myself up not realizing after a while that soon there was no one behind me.  According to Vin, Mitchell created the gap and that's when they all fell off.
- I made my way toward and up the Condo thinking that the guys may work together and/or that Vince may still be around the corner, but I never saw anyone else at this point.

Sorry I sucked today, gents, even on the cheater bike but it's weird how from a power perspective, I was at 100% for the ride.  Maybe something's wrong with my TT bike too.  Either that or it's the fat Filipino guy riding it.

Thanks for coming out, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment