Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lunch Ride - Spyglass Pelican PCH CDM BB Route

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/rides/4674604

Highlights:

  • Windy through some sections but temps okay once we warmed up
  • Good sized group (11)
  • S-G busted it from the start...again
  • Shannon got head start up Spyglass crossing the street vs. turning left.  Probably a safer idea.  
  • Galen pretended to not have it today on Spyglass but came by me at the top.
  • Shannon then Galen got up on San Joaquin first and then they teamed up for NPC Pelican PCH.   We almost caught them at Poppy, but just missed.
  • Mitchell and Vin caught me just before NPC, but Mitchell had mechanical on Pelican.  Amateur!
  • Vin was strong today and took some good pulls on PCH.  When he got a flat on Ocean, I waited not because of team obligation but because I needed him to keep pulling me.  HA HA
  • Everyone else caught up, so we all rode together to PCH and BB.  Good pulls from everyone...except me.  I think Adrian was mad at me.  Suck it.   I'm riding home. 
  • I busted a sprint to the top though.  
  • I stayed ahead on Jamboree but Vin, Hiroshi and Jaffe were right behind.  
  • We were going to set up a sprint for Adrian, but that got foiled and I just had to go for it.  The SOB passed me in the end.  Sprint king?  Maybe, but diva sounds more appropriate.  Good job!
Thanks for the training, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment