Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lunch Ride - Turtle Rock Ring Loop

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/rides/15739615

Attendees:  Shannon, Galen, Todd, Adrian, Jeremy, Vin, Hiroshi, Marc, Seon and Jaffe

Highlights:

  • Fast going out where all I could do was leech off the back of people's wheel.  Shannon, Galen, Todd and Jeremy were rotating up front and keeping the pace high. 
  • I was actually slightly off the back before we made our way onto Sunnyhill towards Turtle Rock and was barely able to latch on behind Adrian once on Turtle Rock.
  • Even on Turtle Rock, it was hard to stay on, so I kept letting everyone rotate ahead of me...sometimes just because I was falling off the pace.
  • As we got to the bottom, I was behind Shannon when he hit a pine cone (no one saw it beforehand) and it popped out his water bottle.  I stopped to make sure he was okay and was going to try and help him catch up to the others.  
  • We made our way past Adrian, who ended up joining us for a little bit, but then it was just Shannon and me.  I had taken one pull, but Shannon was on catch-up mode where I was working just to stay on. 
  • When he saw Jeremy off the back of Todd and Galen on Shady, Shannon cranked it up even more and snapped me off like a twig.  
  • I was alone going down the other side and on the 405 bike trail where the winds were just ridiculous.  I lost sight of Shannon and Jeremy after a while.  
  • I got caught by Adrian, Hiroshi and Jaffe at the first light on University, and they proceeded to ride with me to and up Ridgeline.
  • Hiroshi took off up Ridgeline but I got behind Jaffe who eventually reeled him in based on the great pace he was holding.  Hiroshi jumped on though.
  • I had gapped them when it pitched up the 2nd time and met Shannon at the top where we had talked about regrouping (I may have forgotten to share that info with Todd, Galen and Jeremy).
  • Hiroshi got a head start, but Shannon, Adrian, Jaffe and I met up with him at the left onto Culver.
  • Hiroshi took off again on Culver, but was slowly reeled in by Shannon who led us all the way up to the top.   We saw Vin make a left onto Bonita Canyon Blvd ahead of us, but we chased him down and he got back into the rotation.
  • Shannon was offering me a lead out at the condo, but I just didn't think I had it in me today.  I did, however, end up getting behind him though as he made the turn onto Jamboree, and he gapped me instantly. 
  • Despite hitting the bump at the corner, I had a good pace going up though, and Adrian stuck with me the whole time as we made our way up to Bison where he was able to make top 5 on that segment.  He talked about how he could have done better afterwards, but it's the same shoulda coulda woulda conversations we have after every ride.  HA HA
  • Looks like Jeremy killed that segment despite a not-so-organized lead out and has now moved into the condo with Shannon.  Nice job!
  • Vin was the only one who was up for a sprint at the end.  Adrian did not seem too interested, so neither was I.  :) 
Thanks for the workout today, gents!  

No comments:

Post a Comment