Tuesday, October 30, 2012

BRCM Lunch - NPC Double BB Route

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/activities/26510133

Attendees:  Mitchell, Todd, Vince, Vin, and Jaffe

Highlights:
  • Nice day with perfect weather, but surprisingly a smaller crew
  • Crew was together for the most part all the way to NPC.  Todd and Vince had a slight gap, but Vin helped closed that once we rounded Bonita Canyon.
  • Todd and Vince got a gap early on NPC and kept extending it after the bridge.  I had my wingman, Mitchell, work with me to the regroup point at the top.  
  • Vince, Todd and I led the group out to Jamboree and eventually to Back Bay, but Mitchell and Vin rotated in as well to keep the pace up with some solid pulls.  Jaffe was monitoring from the back.  
  • On the climb to Eastbluff, Todd and I made it up together but we all got stuck trying to cross the street to head up Jamboree.  
  • On Jamboree, I stayed on Todd's wheel on the climb initially but I jumped ahead for a pull as well.  Todd wouldn't have it though and took the front again, and I think we both alternated 1-2 more times.  Ultimately, we broke away from the others as a result.  
  • We made our way to Back Bay drive again working together, and saw Vince ahead of us before San Joaquin where the 3 of us would work together again all the way to East Bluff.  Vince saved some for a quick pass before the top, but I was just behind him and Todd just a little off the back.
  • Todd closed the gap behind us before the underpass, and we took turns after that.  Todd had a great pull toward California, and Vince swung around for an uncontested sprint finish.  
  • Up California, Todd got the jump but we were all stopped at the first light.  Once it turned green, Todd missed the clip in so I tried to take advantage and break away.  I had a pretty decent gap on the two, but I exploded about half way up where Todd worked his way to pass me and eventually get to the top first.   
Great averages today, so it was good that everyone was pushing the pace.  Thanks for the workout, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment