Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Reflection and What's Up for 2013

I know I haven't blogged for a bit, but it's definitely not because we haven't been riding.  On the contrary, we've actually been riding a lot in preparation for an upcoming race this month.   Instead, I've limited our ride reports to our team internally just to add a little mystery for anyone who may be reading my blogs and wanting to see what we're doing in preparation for the race.  Silly, I know, but you'll come to find that that's how I roll.

Anyway, one of the things I wanted to write about today was not so much about a particular ride but just to reflect on what 2012 has been for our team.  In contrast to 2011, I don't think we went as big as we did then but that's because a lot of things have happened during the year.   Shannon was enjoying his first year of marital bliss, Vince and Marc both also married this year, Gary suffered injuries from a crash, and there were some other sport venues that others were training for other than cycling-specific that "got in the way."   Despite this, Team Broadcom still had a full year of accomplishments that I tracked on a separate page:  http://broadcomcycling.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-accomplishments-and-accolades.html.  Congratulations, Team Broadcom!

I'm truly blessed to be part of such a great group of guys, and I hope our union continues on for many years to come.

For 2013, we'll be starting of with the Stagecoach TTT with other participants also attending the ride.  It'll be a challenge for us, but I think we're all ready to do our best to defend the title for another year.  I know I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

The rest of the year remains undetermined for us, but lunch rides will always be a part of our training regimen along with rides during the weekend.  We'll also probably do some of the usual popular rides of the past, but I think everyone is playing it by ear at this point.  Life does tend to get in the way, but rest assure that our cycling interest has not waned.  We still plan to represent the Broadcom jersey in the manner we have in the past:  honorably and passionately.

Lunch Ride Pic in the 2013 Kit




No comments:

Post a Comment