Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lunch Ride - Todd's Ride Report


Great turnout today guys:

Adrian, Mitch, Vin, Jaffe, Shannon, Vince, Galen, and even a Noah.  There was one notable missing person so I will have to make a lame attempt at a write-up.

Highlights:

Jaffe picked the route after a bunch of us sat around jawin’ (sorry, listening to Brooks and Dunn while typing this).  He also sported a “new” old Trek 5200 in which he got a great deal on it. 

Vin has a new Cervelo S3 that looks awesome.  However, it needs some adjusting since when asked how the bike was, he said, “it was fine, but I think it needs some adjustments especially since the handlebars fell off.”

It was pretty cool having a decent size group out there again.  It has been a while.  Vince led the charge up S-Gary East Peltason, and he put a pretty good gap on the rest of us.  Galen and I chased and eventually the whole group was back together for Shady.  The Turtle loop was brutal as ever with Shannon, Galen, Vince and Adrian all taking pulls. After the descent to Campus, I led to the top of the stop sign.  Shannon led us on much of the bike trail through Shady.  Vince and I did some pulls and Galen took the charge to the summit of Shady.  I passed him on the way down and we were flying down the bike path along the 405.  Shannon, Galen and I all took pulls and I actually took the unofficial sprint at the bridge since the usual person that was missing wasn’t there to take it from me.  Galen gave me a good lead out as well, and I don’t think anyone else was really going for it.  I think I took it by default.  Heading towards Ridgeline, we saw Adrian coming from the other direction.   Turning around Adrian became the wabbit while the rest of us chased.  It was a great chase with Shannon, Galen, Noah, Mitch and I all racing up the hill after Adrian.  We caught him about half way up and kept going at a pretty mad pace.  We all traded a lot of pulls until we hit the condo.  I led out with everyone blowing by me half way up.  Noah turned on the jets and took the summit.  There was a bit of a sprint to the finish with Vince, Galen and Adrian, but I’m not sure who did what.

Here are the stats for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment