Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lunch Ride - Hilly Trainer with the Guys

Strava:  https://www.strava.com/activities/323578304

Attendees:  Todd, Vince, Vin and Mitchell

Highlights:
  • With the climate at work being the way it is, it sure is nice to blow off steam on the rides.  
  • I took off in the beginning (mostly because I wanted to get back on time), but also since I really was feeling the jitters after the morning.  
  • We "almost" had a run-in with 5.0 on Peltason, but thankfully we didn't.
  • We were all together by the stop light (mostly because the above bullet).
  • The pace going out was tough with Todd helping to keep the pace up.  Vince took the front just before the stop light.
  • We continued the rotations with two in tow as we made our way onto Culver.
  • Vince opted to get a gap on Campus, and opted to try and keep it through out.  We were always just behind him but my right calf popped (cramped) on the climb up Pine Needles.  This derailed our chase efforts and let Vince get away for the rest of the ride.  That and the lights:  http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/?utm_source=strava_activity_header#323439651,wGlJEw==.
    Nice work!
  • Not sure where Vin was at this point as he was nowhere to be seen.
  • Thankfully, Mitchell and Todd opted to slow and wait for me as I made my way back from the top of Luminous.
  • I did what I could to help keep the pace up, but it was a series of push - pop - push - pop.
  • Todd and I pushed one another to the top of Shady on the way back with him taking the front just before the top.  
  • I was off the back again on the descent, but Todd and Mitchell waited again after Sunnyhill and the push-pop on my part continued.  
  • We picked up a rider on the way up and over, and he stayed in the draft the whole time while the 3 of us worked together harmoniously all the way to the stop light.  Upon our arrival, he just stood with us not saying one word.  Awkward.
  • After turning onto Bonita Canyon, the 3 of us worked together all the way back leaving me feeling like I can wait again until tomorrow before the next set of jitters hits again.    We skipped the condo due to my time constraints in case anyone asks.
Overall a super solid training ride.  Sorry I spoiled our chase efforts.  It was a great workout nonetheless.  Thanks for coming out and accommodating my schedule, and sorry to those who could not.

No comments:

Post a Comment