Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shannon's Tuesday Portola OAB Ride Report



We had a good showing today, there must have been ten of us.  Ideal conditions for a ride, way better than for working.

The route was a Portola OAB, regroup at Barranca and Portola.  That worked well, we tried to keep rotations short.  But, Galen got hung out a few times.  Didn't seem to phase him much.

Heading up to Portola Galen took the first sprint, Adrian and I followed.  We were only down one at the turnaround (and stayed together thereafter).

Right off there was a gap on the route back, I tried to pull Hiroshi in.   Which paid off, he took the lead a couple of times after.

Jaffe was working hard and closed a couple of gaps, Vin was also firing on all cylinders.  I should say Mitch was strong today too.

Once on the bike trail to the backbay, Galen kept the pace high, and nobody wanted any part of relieving him.  Eventually I gave him a break.  However, that was somewhat conditional, he was now part of a leadout...

Going into CA Mitch was leading, and Galen came around to pull Adrian and I to the endpoint.  I had a helluva hard time getting out of the saddle to do my part, but finally launched Adrian only about 300yds short of the finish.  LOL.  Nice job making it Adrian.  (Will do better)

Thanks for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment