Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lunch Ride #18 - El Morro and Back

Strava:  https://www.strava.com/activities/266185392

Attendees:  Vince and Jaffe

I had to leave a little earlier today to make sure I made it back in time for a 1 PM meeting.  I wasn't really sure anyone would be able to join me, but I was glad to see Jaffe and Vince make it out too.

I brought my "cheater" TT bike in case I ended up riding alone, but the truth is my other bikes needed some TLC that I just didn't have time for whereas I just clean and rode my TT bike on Saturday.

Since I had to get back, I was going to push the pace as much as I can, but I'm also glad Vince was there to keep me honest.  He would jump up to the front, sometimes with bad intentions, and would have me dial it up even more just so we could keep riding with him.  I really didn't like coming up on the hills because he took full advantage every time.  HA HA.  He definitely had some good breakaways, and even snapped me off completely at the end of Back Bay.  I almost caught him by California, but ran out of real estate.  He attributed me catching him to SAP, but what he probably doesn't realize is that it was really due to TT.  Big difference, Indy.

I've been telling Jaffe all along that he's definitely a lot quicker on the flats than what I recall.  He was definitely there throughout the entire ride, and even took opportunities to jump up front for some pulls.  That's a mighty tall order when riding with me on a cheater and Vince just being Vince.  Nonetheless, he was always right there.  Good job!

Thank you both for coming out.  The weather was nice, the stop lights kinda sucked, but the company more than made up for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment