Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Team Lunch Ride #16 - Racer X Returns

Strava:  https://app.strava.com/athletes/73922

This is the short edition since I'm pressed for time.

Attendees:  Shannon, Vin, Hiroshi, Mitchell and Jaffe

Highlights:

  • The route had 1500+ ft of elevation in it.  I'm not worthy....
  • Vince had a 1 PM meeting, so he just came by to get ready with us while he prepared to run instead.  If you can't ride with the fellas, you might as well change with them I say.
  • Shannon killed a few of the sections out there, but this isn't news.  He was the first to the top of every climb and definitely did more than his share of the tows.  26+ mph on the condo too.   Zoom zoom!
  • It was nice to finally ride with Hiroshi again.  I called him Racer X when I saw him, and that was because he reminded me of Speed Racer's brother who would show up out of nowhere and just race.  I resembled Trixie out there.  Hiroshi is definitely a legit climber now.  He rode this morning as well, so what he did to me on Ridgeline was straight up gangster.  
  • Mitchell is also hard to shake, but he's also hard to push up to the front.  :)  I'm going to have to try that veggie diet he did for the first part of the year.  
  • Jaffe is always down on himself after the ride.  I think he's riding a LOT better than before, albeit his climbing conditioning is down.  However, the net net is that I think he's an improved rider overall who'll only be better once he gets more seat time on the hills.
  • What can I say about Vin that hasn't already been said?

Thanks for coming out, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment