Monday, April 25, 2011

Gary's Como Street Ride on Easter


Did como street today since I had a bunch of work to do today and thought a good high intensity ride was in order.

Thought it was going to be a small group today since we were only about 30 strong when leaving the parking lot.  Not the case at all.  We picked up a bunch of riders along the way and probably ended with over 100.  Before getting to cook's corner, the pace was above average so I was not feeling very confident that I would crest with the group.  I kept with the pack for most of the hill, but the group broke apart just before the last climb before hitting the down.  I ended up in a chase group which was actually perfect since it gave me a chance to get a good workout in.  After blowing past a number of folks, I ended up working with one other guy.  There was a pack of 5+ in front of us working together and no matter what we did we could not make any ground up on them.  The gap remained the same for most of the canyon.  A few miles before dump hill, a group of 4 riders came by us and I jumped on.  The guy I was riding with was spent and could not catch the wheel.

We caught the group in front of us and continued to blow past them.  The guy pulling was starting to fade and nobody would take over.  I came up front and we ended up getting a 3 man rotation going.  On dump hill, I started the pull, but got passed midway up.  I jumped on and almost was able to take the hill but the lead rider had too big of a gap by that point.  We kept a high pace on Jamboree which was pretty cool and finished the ride with a 21 avg.

No comments:

Post a Comment