Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BRCM Lunch -Jamboree Bayside Ocean PCH NPC SanJoaquin Jamboree Loop

GPS stats: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97315187

I expected it would be warmer, but it wasn't too bad going out for a mellow spin with some of the guys.  Hiroshi and Jaffe were at the front keeping us all together for most of the ride.  Hiroshi would shoot up the hills when possible, and it was nice to see Robert attacking some as well.

On NPC, Hiroshi took off immediately once on the hill and we lost him after getting stopped at the first Pelican light.  One guy passed us who jumped the light, and we got stopped at another light where we didn't get to close on him.  Another guy with a Capt. America kit was still accessible though, so I shot up to him as an incentive to push hard on the last part of the climb.  I don't think he liked it very much when I said hi, but the SOB gladly jumped on my rear wheel after I passed.  HA HA.

For the record, the other guys wanted to go down San Joaquin all the way to Jamboree where I would have been content going back via McArthur.  Apparently, Hiroshi did not get the memo on who owns that side of Jamboree and thought he'd shoot up that one as well.  As Mayor of that hill according to Strava, I just couldn't let him take it.  BAM at it's finest.

Good run today, and NOW I'm ready to rest up for this weekend.  Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment