Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lunch Ride - Portola OAB + Jamboree

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/rides/1695231

GC:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/115900603

Highlights for today's ride:

  • Gary once again got the natives riled up with a fast descent down CA and some early rotations on the bike trail.
  • Todd and Galen also worked the initial bike trail where the pace felt like it was blistering at times snapping off some people before the bridge.  
  • The pace remained high through the 2nd bike trail heading toward Portola with Todd getting to the top first.  PV, Galen and I were just behind him.  
  • PV decided to do some extra credit and took off from there.  
  • Todd, Galen and I broke away at the U-turn but at some point on the bike trail were caught by some others.  Nice!
  • Vin offered to pull on Harvard, so we pretty much let him tow us all the way back to the bike trail at Barranca.  
  • Galen took off once we got on the bike trail, and I caught him at the bridge.  We tried to keep the others off, but we got reeled in by Todd and I think ultimately Seon.  
  • The wind on the bike trail on the way back was tough.  
  • On Jamboree, Galen got a jump and took off up the hill followed by Seon, then Todd and me.  Todd and I made our way past both, but Galen got scrappy after where he gets up to my left (5.10g violation?) and we start duking it out.  He got the better of me.  
  • Seon made it to the top of the hill and showed he was the fastest among the contenders from my earlier e-mail.  However, Vin gets extra credit for his Harvard pull.  
  • On Bison, the guys were swarming to set up a sprint and didn't get to do so until after the last light over the 73.  Vin and Galen were hammering and it seemed Vin got the better of Galen there.  Wha?  I was able to chase Vin down and pass him, but it definitely wasn't as easy as I remembered it.  Okay, so maybe throwing up my arms in victory after was a little much.  
Good ride today, gents.  Tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment