Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lunch Ride - TJ, Why Do You Treat Us So Bad?

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/activities/90892572

Highlights from today's ride:

- Weather was ideal for a high speed run...cool, low winds, etc.

- Todd and I were on TT bikes while Galen and Jaffe were not.

- This was NOT a TTT ride unless the first T stands for Todd.

- Todd was in take-no-prisoners-mode today and passing him, even to take a pull, was sometimes not an option.  He seemed like was on breakaway mode throughout.

- As a result of the fast pace early on, Jaffinator found himself riding alone after a couple miles.  Blame Todd!

- I don't know how many times I was gapped today...the accordion effect was...wait for it...ridiculous!

- Galen kept up on his road bike and did take some pulls, but after being shut down on some rotation attempts by Todd decided best to let the aero guys do the work.

- I had so much snot on my face at one point that was not unlike a Dumb & Dumber movie scene.  I shot out what I could, so in case anyone wants my DNA sample, I left plenty on the bike trail.

- Ridgeline was all Todd, and all we could do was hang on to the top...barely.  Damn that hurt!

- I never been up the condo on my TT bike, but I gave it a go only to have Todd pass me once we reached the false flat.  I latched on though, so all good.

- I think the only one time today that Todd conceded was on the Bison landing zone.  Finally!

- Let's see what the legs have for tomorrow's madness.

Thanks, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment