Thursday, January 8, 2015

Lunch Ride #2 - Steady as She GoesT

Strava:  https://app.strava.com/activities/238592380

Although I was hoping more people would start coming out, I'm glad we still had the same people come out from Tuesday's ride.  I guess Gary, Todd, Vin and myself are the only ones who made cycling related New Year's resolutions...either that or sticking with them!

I chose a hillier route today that included climbs up Turtle Rock, StarCrest, Shady, Summit and the Condo.  Due to time constraints, however, Todd was the only one who did Summit.  I'm just surprised he didn't catch the rest of us despite going further.  I'm sure if he hadn't slowed to wait for us like the gentleman he is that he'd have either caught us or finished ahead.  Stud.

Gary having come out for his 3rd 2015 ride is already showing some improvements.   I know he mentioned to me he's only interested in seat time and enjoying the sport again like me, but he seems to continually be pushing himself where I'm certain the progress will continue as long as he keeps coming out.  It's the BAM way.

Vin actually surprised me today.  It wasn't really surprising to see him take off ahead of everyone here and there on occasion, but what I didn't expect was for him to slow or stop and wait for me like he did.  I pictured him telling his non-cycling friends how he's just killing it on our lunch rides, but I guess there's more to him than the flashy colored underpants he wears.  There may be hope for him after all.

As for myself, I'm still enjoying the riding and trying to keep the pace "pleasant."  I like the standing drills I'm doing, the managed output pedaling on the flats, and just the fact that I'm on a bike (albeit one I hadn't ridden for a while as well given I was on the Cervelo today).  I'm sure I could pick up the pace somewhat here and there, but I can't seriously contend with the likes of others if it came down to being competitive...so I don't...yet.  Let me just do my thing out there for now, actually get fully reacquainted with having something hard and white between my legs (my seat, you perv), and work on consistency more than anything else.  I'm really just happy to be riding again with the BRCM peeps, so let's keep this going and have more people come out.  Then maybe, just maybe, my perspective may change...or maybe not.

Thanks for coming out today, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment