Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First 2015 Lunch Ride - Holidays Are Rough

Strava:  http://www.strava.com/activities/237758023

I'm not sure what the plan is for 2015 for the others, but I currently cannot foresee racing (at least on a bike) in my immediate future...unless it's to head over to a McDonald's for a couple McRibs (just kidding as I actually just started my diet yesterday).  Given this, I'm having great difficulty wanting to push too hard and would rather enjoy myself on the saddle again just pedaling (i.e. get back to basics).   Let's just say I'm good with hitting the reset button for now....

I rode with Shannon and Gary on Sunday and it was a good thing.  One, I haven't ridden with these two together for ages, so it was a bit nostalgic for me.  Lastly, I enjoy hanging out with them after, which was what we ended up doing.  It was therefore great to see Gary out again today at lunch, so it seems he's on the resolution path as I am.

Todd and Vin came out too, and they were definitely on a faster track than Gary and I were.  I didn't really mind, but it was nice to see Todd slowing a bunch for us just to get some good "group" riding in albeit with him just offering us cover from the wind.  What a guy!  I'm sure he'll probably go out tomorrow and the rest of the week to get more hard core training.  Vin was also ahead of us, but it seemed more by Todd's choice than anything else given how long Vin would sit on his wheel.  HA HA

There were moments in the ride Gary and I would "charge" but sustaining it was a different story.  I think if anything, Todd and Vin would just get annoyed.  It was still fun, but both Todd and Vin left us both on Back Bay probably as a result.  That's what we get.  

It's good to get back out with the guys, and I'm hoping with most of us just ramping that we can get more people to join us too.  I'm sure the rides will pick up in pace as we continue to go out, so now's a good time to start again.  Or...we can just ride at our own pace and be happy with that.  I think I'm good with the latter....

Thank for coming out, gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment