Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Puke Route Lunch Ride

Strava:  http://app.strava.com/rides/9653868

The quick and dirty:

  • Attendees:  Seon (welcome back), Mike Z., Hiroshi, Shannon, Vin, Jaffe, Mitchell and Gary
  • It was a warm and windy day for a ride
  • Gary led us out followed by Shannon
  • After no one relieved Shannon for a bit where Gary was about to push up again, I finally got up front to help.  smh
  • Going up NPC, I missed the Shannon train but Mitchell, Vin and Hiroshi got on.  
  • Gary and Seon were ahead of me, but I got by both where Gary latched on and worked together with me to reel in Vin. Gary gave me some much needed relief as I was struggling at first, so thanks!
  • We caught the light on San Joaquin and watched Shannon, Mitchell and Hiroshi make the turn onto Ridge Park. 
  • Gary and I got going and didn't realize Vin's chain dropped, so we made our way onto Ridge Park.  Gary had a good starting pace where I followed him for a bit, but I pushed ahead to try and reel in Mitchell and Hiroshi.
  • I didn't catch Mitchell until turning right on Vista and reel Hiroshi in on the descent.  
  • Mitchell and I caught the light to NPC and Mitchell helped reel in Shannon ahead of us.  Shannon had a little scare with a car on his descent.  
  • Once I caught my breath, I came around to pull the guys down NPC, but when I looked back, they were off.  I decided I'd give Shannon someone to chase, so off I went.  Shannon caught me on the last climb up Pelican...quite humbling. 
  • I got up on Shannon at the light on NPC and tried to draft, but he was going hard even there...so I didn't want any of that action and dropped.
  • The climb up Vista was tough and I was able to see Shannon ahead of me on the first climb but once he got to the false flat, he was gone where I was only able to see him at the top of the last climb when I arrived at the base of it.  
  • We took off since I wanted to get back and flew down Ridge and then on NPC alternating pulls.  
  • When we got on Bonita Canyon, I'm pretty sure Shannon had evil intentions because he was just killing it on there where I was just barely able to hang on.  I helped keep the pace up on Bison and that was about all I had for today.  
Good training ride, gents!  I need to get my Cervelo back for some compact crank action because this route is just ridiculous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment