Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2-1-11 Training Ride

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/66231503

Weather was near perfect for a ride today with a good size group.  Props to David and Eric for making it out and joining us from Wed/Fri crew.

We started out looking for Eric since we saw him getting ready, and didn't realize he had started ahead of us.  I'm going to call him the deja vu kid because I kept seeing him throughout the ride.  I also saw David a couple times as well.  Nice pedaling guys.  Keep coming out.

Was it just me or did it seem like we were pushing hard from the very beginning?  Maybe my speed perception was a little off since I was on Eddie's bike, but I could swear that was even faster through Anteater than normal.  It's good we got to regroup again (albeit temporarily) on Bonita Canyon.

Up Turtle Rock, the group definitely started to string out while I was pacing Hiroshi and Mitchell.  On Starcrest, I took a stab at catching Adrian, but he kicked it up just near the top to keep me at bay.  Mitchell and I tried making up some ground on Ridgeline, but at the bottom, it felt different when putting the power down on the Felt, so I ended up dropping some just to watch the guys pull away on the bike trail.

I was on my own after that, but it was nice to get some alone time with the loaner.  Going uphills, the bike felt really good.  It's hard to know for sure how well I was doing given I was riding on my own, but perception-wise, I liked it.  On the flats and downhills, I liked how the bike rode but it seemed to have just a little less snap (again, likely seat height related) than my bike.   Thanks for letting me borrow, Eddie!

Overall, a good training day today with the guys.  Looking forward to Thursday already.  Thanks, gents.

1 comment:

  1. Today was another blazer. Legs are thrashed. It was one of those days where nobody was giving 100% on the sprints in fear they would redline and get dropped after. I actually told people that “I wasn’t sprinting” when I moved to the front hoping they would have some mercy and opt out. On the approach to Starcrest, Shannon turned on the power and almost zapped everyone before the climb. Todd and I had a good crank up Starcrest that created a gap we would later waste on a wrong turn : (. After that, we regrouped plus Adrian (BTW, Nice Job bridging the gap!). We did some damage through Shady and we were deep in the pain cave once we hit BB.

    Good Ride!

    ReplyDelete