Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vince Puke Ride

(From Paul)
fairly big group started, but the pack split up on ridge park.  I chased todd and vince to the gate....was somewhat close but then they gapped me hard down Vista and I didn't see them again. 

Pretty much a solo ride after that...I saw some riders when I got towards the top of Pelican but didn't pass anybody until heading up Vista. 

Jaffe perked up when I passed him and started pursuing me like a crazed wombat.  He followed me to the gate for #2, and then we pretty much stuck together on the return.  He definitely gets the crazed wombat award of the day.

Absolutely perfect day to get out, sunny, cool temps, a little wind but great ocean views and some lung busting climbs are a great way to break up the day!!  :)


(From Vince)
Good one today.  I broke my old PR on this ride and made it into the 19s.  I think it is more attribitted to the fact that Todd and I worked together for the majority of the ride.  The last time I did this route I was solo.  PV looked good and was not too far behind us.  He did the extra credit both times. 2.6k of climbing over 21.22 miles, not too shabby.  Just think, do this ride 4 times in a row and we might be ready for L’Etape.  

(Me)
It was a little funny how the group decided to go ahead after I wanted to roll out and get a head start due to meeting leaving Verm in the parking lot.  Todd needed to go to, so he lead everyone out (his fault).  We saw Gary’s bike, but no Gary, so we left given he gave us a waiver yesterday to do so.

I tried to get a head start up NPC, but it didn’t take long for Vince, Todd and PV to catch up.  Mitchell got behind me after, but then pulled (saved) me to keep me up with the 3 guys ahead.  Verm must have been PISSED that we left, as by the time we got to the top of NPC, he was right there too. 

The front 3 guys were still visible going up until they went to do their extra credit.  I followed Mitchell onto Vista with Verm having blown his wad up NPC not too far behind.  We saw Mike Z on the way down and he turned around to join us (and boo me for trying to get another headstart at the bottom on NPC).  I knew time was short, and my legs were junk, so I was trying to get as much of the route as possible in.  They ended up catching me on NPC and Mike led us down but gapped us thanks to gravity.

On Pelican, we climbed the first sections together, but Verm lit it up on the final incline leaving me and Mitch thinking he’s probably still mad about getting left behind. 

On NPC, Vince and Todd passed us at the top and was joined by Verm.  Mitchell was saying he was going to go back with me, but ended up going up Vista (way to go!).  I cut it short and still had to get in line for the shower. 

Thanks for the workout!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment