Friday, May 13, 2011

BRCM Lunch - Turtle Rock Starcrest Shady Ridgeline Bonita Cyn Jamboree

Yesterday's ride (blogger.com down)

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/85204903

Highlights:
•         12 of us out today
•         Vince led  us out originally but I took a long turn (haha) with Hiroshi finishing Anteater to Culver.
•         Adrian charged over Culver and gapped with Mike Z in hot pursuit while the others followed (patiently)
•         Regrouped at Turtle Rock light
•         Group started to string out a little going up Turtle Rock after Shannon pulled and Vince followed
•         On Starcrest, Mark and Hiroshi led initial assault but I passed with Adrian in tow until Hillcrest
•         Vince then Shannon both passed me before Summit Court
•         Vince took off and Shannon and I were close and eventually closed gap on him on Shady bike trail
•         Shannon launched assault at the top with Vince behind him and me falling off just behind them. 
•         I rode alone in between Shannon/Vince (who I lost after the last climb on Ridgeline) and Adrian until the light on Bison at McArthur.  If only I caught the green light before it, I may have been able to make the same light as Shannon/Vince.  I caught the red on both.  Bummer
•         Adrian, Hiroshi and Seon eventually rolled up behind me at the 2nd red.
•         Hiroshi took off first, but Adrian launched major sprint attack just after first light on 73 turned green.
•         Through attrition, I eventually passed Adrian just before Bison  
•         20 mph avg with 1.4K elevation.  Not bad as it was windy through 405 bike trail and Bonita Canyon sections.   Vince (and probably Shannon) got 20.5.  Studs
•         I hear Seon and Eddie worked together as did Mitchell and Hiroshi.  Then, the 4 worked together after and caught Adrian at light on Bonita Canyon.   That’s the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment