Friday, May 20, 2011

Gary's Coffee Crew Ride

Crazy ride today.

Normally, the pace is very controlled for the first 10 miles while we pick up additional riders along the way. Not today.

We left from PCH and MA and a guy on a TT bike led us out. Once on BB, the pace was steady around 26 - 27.
The pace continued on the flats so it was no surprise to see the attacks that happened on the hills. I hung onto the wrong persons wheel at first since they started to fall off, so I went around and tried to bridge the gap that formed. I went all out and made some progress but never caught the lead group.

We regrouped on El Toro just before getting onto Laguna Canyon. I followed the TT guy and was able to hang all the way until PCH.

Once on PCH, there was no letting up on the pace. The rollers were a bit much for me and I fell off. A few other riders fell victim to the pace and jumped onto my wheel as I passed them.

I pulled the rest of the way on PCH and at times the group that was on my wheel fell off. Missed a few lights so they would catch back up.
Great workout today. It was race pace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment