Wednesday, June 1, 2011

BRCM Lunch - Turtle Rock Starcrest Shady Ridgeline Bonita Cyn Jamboree Again

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/89484794

Good little turnout for a ride today with 8 of us starting out.  I guess I was a little anxious to ride, so we set out a little fast with a 21.6 mph average to Anteater thinning out the group to about 5 by the time we got to Culver/Bonita Canyon. 

I knew Vince was going to race tomorrow night, so I didn't mind doing more work to keep the pace up today.  He kept me honest on the hills though and relieved me as needed here and there.  That's BRCM teamwork right there.

When we went up Turtle Rock, we kept a good pace where by the time we got to Sunnyhill, Mitchell was the only one who was able to hang on. 

Going up Shady, the pace stayed pretty high, so it was just pretty much Vince and I from that point on. 

Up Ridgeline, I couldn't hold the pace Vince had after he passed me, so he snapped me off on the last climb.  Thankfully, he waited for me on Turtle Rock.  I was also a little worked on Summit, so he gapped me good on the hill and on the down but waited for me at the bottom.  There, we wondered how come we didn't see Marc, Mitchell and Hiroshi.  We figured they must not have read the map, so we kept going.

Bonita Canyon and Ford was work, but my now favorite hill is Jamboree off of Ford.  The length and pitch of the hill always allows me to find a good rhythm going up, so that was a fun charge up with Vince.  We did get held up a little with a car turning right from Ford, so we didn't get as much momentum as I would have liked.

We did see Marc on McArthur while we were waiting at the light, so we had to chase him down once the light turned green.  We hope everyone else made it around okay.

It was good to get out today and looking forward to tomorrow.  Thanks for the training!

1 comment:

  1. Peter and I decided to wait for the other crew instead, knowing that he ran 9 miles yesterday. But glad to know we got credit for the ride anyways!
    -David

    ReplyDelete