Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Lunch Ride with LTJ and Galen

http://app.strava.com/activities/1295929

Oh the feeling of puking on a Friday lunch ride.  Never a dull moment with these lunch rides I guess.

Galen came out to join us today for the first time, and let me tell ya...the guy is legit on the flats.  I hope he can come out more often since he actually takes turns up front.  HA HA.  Since it was windy on the way out on Back Bay, Todd, Galen and I were working just to keep the pace up in the 23-24 mph range.  Ridiculous.

We all worked together through PCH and CDM all the way up to NPC.  Once we got to Pelican, I thought I'd try and keep Todd's pace.  Galen wasn't familiar with the hill and fell back some.  He was surprised that those hills even existed, so he definitely needs to come out with us more.  I held Todd's wheel for most of the way, but fell off after I miss-shifted where Todd just grinded it out making it impossible to recover.  LTJ is an animal!

We regrouped on NPC and attempted to bomb down the other side, but this big truck made it not as fun as usual.  Galen showed he's got some downhill capabilities also and worked to keep the pace up here as well.

We worked together on Bonita Canyon, but once on Ford, I checked up a bit in preparation for the duplex.  After all, I live there too, so I had to clean up for the guests.  Todd saw me slowing up a bit and falling off, and said "I know what you're up to.  You're planning on running up the hills past us."  My response:  iiyeaaah.  I wasn't denying I was trying to set up that hill.  Poor Galen probably didn't know anything about this hill, but he led Todd out for it.  Todd got a good jump, but I found a pretty good tempo as well and got up to him about 3/4 of the way up where he ran out of steam.  I was just off the record pace by a second...I didn't realize it at the time, but maybe that explains the vomit that was coming up my throat after.

Good ride for a Friday for sure, and it was again good to have Galen join us.  I hope we see more of him on these rides.

Thanks, LTJ and Galen!

1 comment:

  1. Great ride guys! Galen pushed the pace on the flats. Made it much harder than expected. Thanks for coming out guys.

    ReplyDelete