Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Ride Shady/Turtle Ridge

Riders: Adrian, Seon, Vin, Hiroshi, Jaffe, David, Marc, and I.

Strava: http://app.strava.com/rides/1178773

Route: ~1.3k vert through Shady/Turtle Ridge area.

Summary:

Although we were missing the usual pace makers, no one was going to let that spoil the pain party that is known as the BRCM lunch ride . Adrian made it clear in the first 1-2 miles that no one was going to get to ease into the ride and the others followed suit. Gone are the days of tempo riding for the greater good, the Crits have a stronghold on the group and the "No Pain, No Pain" attitude is in full effect. I like it, but damn it hurts! Hiroshi and Jaffe are pretty much unshakable and are finding their way up front to dish out some pace. Vin and Seon are stacked up on dehydrated sweet potatoes, youth, and drive. They will be putting me on the old and retired team soon. I am just counting the days until I have to start saying stuff like "when I was your age, I never used my 39t" or "I would totally kick your ass on Strava if my medicaid covered EPO's". The lines are blurred, I no longer know who can climb the fastest, mash the flats, sprint, or breakaway. All I know, is lunch rides hurt no matter who shows up.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It's work no matter who comes out nowadays. Good to see BAM in effect. I hope I can join soon again or face getting blown out the back.

    ReplyDelete