Thursday, March 17, 2011

BRCM Lunch - Bike Trail Laguna Ridgeline Shady Bonita Canyon Jamboree

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73543562

Good pre-race ride today with the guys today.  Todd and I pulled it in on the bike trail while Adrian and Vince took off.  Eddie broke away for a bit but slowed to let us latch on.  He, Todd and I alternated all the way through the bike trail at a nice even keel.  Seon and Jaffe stayed with us the whole time.

We met up with Adrian and Vince on Laguna and rode with them through Quail Hill.  Once we neared Shady, Vince decided to get a little extra credit while we all jumped on the bike trail as planned. 

Adrian took off but was chased down by Eddie.  Eddie was pulling everyone on the trail, but Adrian thought to break away for a little sprint to the bridge.  When he looked over to the right to see if anyone was coming, I passed to the left just as we went under the bridge.  Classic.

We all stayed together to Ridgeline but Adrian got a little head start at the intersection.  Vince made his way up and passed to pull and chase down Adrian as we were climbing.  Midway up, Todd said let's go and we chased Adrian down to pass him shortly after.  I wanted to confirm whether I'd take my R3 for the race, so I went ahead just to see how it'd feel on the hill.  I'm taking it.

Vince, Todd and I made our way through Turtle Rock, but Vince had gotten ahead a little before Sunnyhill.  Once we got on Shady, Todd and I worked together to reel him in.  Todd took the last pull, so I passed to sprint by Vince to the bike trail.  I remember him calling me a part of the female anatomy when I passed...again...classic.

We rode together through Bonita Canyon and on Jamboree, Vince kept the pace up but I wanted to see what I could hold on this hill.  I passed Vince but he latched on pretty quickly.  After I realized I couldn't hold the gear I was in, I blew up to have Vince sprint past me and never to be seen again until the locker room.  Todd and I still kept the pace up somewhat and came in with a 20.9 average for this route. 

Todd and I both thought the intervals on this ride were perfect.  Legs feel good, so we're looking forward to Saturday.  Let's go!

Thanks for coming out everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment