Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday Ride Through Shady

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70961513

I went out today to join the Wednesday group ride but ended up riding with Jaffe, Eddie and David only.  The other guys weren't ready, so we ended up taking off to do the loop.

The pace wasn't too aggressive for this ride, with some good pulls by Eddie and Jaffe on the beginning of the bike trail.  Dave eventually dropped off after a while, so it was just the 3 of us for the rest of the ride.

We managed to get around some construction after the 2nd street crossing, but that slowed us up pretty good.  Eddie led out the pace after Jeffrey once back on the bike trail, and we were around a 21 mph average by the time we hit Laguna.

On Quail Hill, Eddie tried to use his tactic of "just wait for me after the hill" but ended up breaking off first to go up Shady.  Jaffe and I gave chase and caught him mid way up.  We-regrouped again during the downhill.

For the run over the top and to the trail opening, Eddie broke away from Jaffe and calf cramp issues prevented me from contest it. 

On Bonita Canyon, Jaffe tried to do a breakaway, but Eddie and I managed to reel him in before he bridge.  Near McArthur, Eddie was again trying to weasel out of doing Jamboree, but after a mild berating, he followed us.

On Jamboree, I wanted to see if I can hit yesterday's pace but from the front, but Jaffe had a mechanical just after the turn where Eddie stayed with him.  They ended up catching at McArthur where they tried timing the light to get the jump.  Fortunately, the following lights did not work to their advantage, so I was able to pass after the freeway offramp.

Jaffe did try to sneak past me before the gate and actually surprised me how much speed he had gotten.  Next time, Jaffe.


Thanks for the workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment