Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paul's 2011 Bonelli Race Report (with pictures!)


first pictures, then blather!!

DSC03328
load the bikes and the cooler, let's do this thang!


pv bonelli 2011
let's rip it up!!


gary I
go Gary GO!!


pv bonelli 2011 III
rip it up some more!!

gary podium
Gary takes 2nd!!

lil ripper
lil' wee rippers!! 


mens pro ShortTrk start
pro mens short track start 

mens pro ShortTrk lookBack
broke out but looking back!


mens pro ShortTrk pursuit
yup, here they come!


bmc notube gals
BMC and No Tube girls watching the race, nice combo!  :)

mens pro ShortTrk catch ya
Watch out for that Jerimiah dude, he be fast! 

Absolutely perfect day to race, although it was foggy by the beach there were clear skies, warm temps and great trail conditions to greet us at Bonneli. 

We got everything sorted out, did a little pre-riding and I got in line up really early (I know, totally out of character :)  There was a huge number of racers in my catagory, just over 30, we even got a comment from the race director (is this the 80's??) !  After that they counted down and we started quickly. 

We have had some new additions to my cat from last year and boy howdy are they are fast!!  I did my best to keep the lead group in sight but about halfway through the first lap I lost contact.  I was hoping they would blow up but they maintained a very fast pace, damn it I hate when that happens!! :)  I had a couple people get past me on Lap2 also, it always feels great when you pass someone but it is like a stab in the heart to get passed, that is racing for ya!

I maintained my position on Lap3 but didn't have the gumbo to go and catch anyone.  I felt I put in a really solid effort and was happy with that, and had to be content with being in the top 12 (I was 12th :)  My buddy from Chicken Ranch beat me by a wide margin this time (about 3 minutes) and came in 4th, payback is a bitch!!  Dave Turner was out there too, he won last year and came in 6th this year, he sure blends in with the crowd, I didn't even see him!

Really great course in Bonelli, my only bitch is I wish they hadn't dumbed it down for the Cat2/3's as we had all the Cat1 sections down in the pre-ride and that may have helped a bit. 

All in all a great day and was very cool to see Gary take home some metal!

stats:

next race Fontucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment