Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vince's Double Sisters Report


I will refrain from saying "Great Ride", cuz I know someone will call BS on me. 

The 2nd time up park almost did me in.  My Garmin only collected partial data for elevation since 6.5 hours of riding maxed out it's battery.  It had the distance right at 83.5 miles.  Based on geoladders it should be around 11-12k of elevation gain with the bulk of the gain in ~53 miles. 

Ride Highlights.

-Good to have some new faces to share the pain with.  Steve and Craig had no problems with the sisters.  From what I could tell, they actually enjoyed it.  At one point I asked if they rode with PV so I could determine if they were down with the whole "I ride to smile well others suffer" VQ mentality.  

-After we met at the 133 and Park, we started our ascent on Park.  Noah took off at a pretty good pace with Shannon in tow.  At this point, I was thinking "WTF I have to hit this twice?"  His plan worked and I took the bait.  I can truly say that Noah kicked my ass up Park the 2nd time and he wasn't even riding it with me (more on this later).

-Noah proceeded his reign of terror up Temple and again Shannon and I took the bait.  Steve and Rich did as well.  I heard Rich moan when he realized Temple has a few fake peaks.

-On our ascent up bluebird/summit, you guessed it, Noah took off again.  Finally, some with brains said "F it, let him go".  Someone without brains chased him down anyways only to realize he was soft pedaling.  Then he jumps out of the saddle like some faggy Spanish beef eating TOF GC homo and builds a gap.  I swear, if looked back at me I was going to throw my shoe at him. 

-We came down Nyes and Contador got a flat.  The reality that I had to do this twice set in and I told the guys I was going ahead well the "brown man" worked on his flat.

-I went up Nyes at more reasonable pace now that Lookador was fixing his flat. 

-I went Solo onto PP to get my 2 Crown Valley side climbs in and then onto the backside PP climbs.

-I ran into the group on my first up on PP from Alicia.  We rode up it, then I came back down while they guy's took a break. I headed over to hit Highland.  On my way back down I saw the guy's racing up highland with Rich and Verm trying to kill each other.  This pumped me up and it was really cool to see how strong they finished.  Can't wait to see how it turned out. 

-At this point, I had to go up Highland for the 2nd time, PP from Alicia for the 2nd, Nyes 2nd, BB/Summit 2nd, Temple 2nd, and PARK 2nd. 

- Nyes, not bad.  BB Summit, getting a little squirrely but made it work. Temple, pretty slow, first time I can remember seeing 2.8 mph on my Garmin.  I hit a honey stinger gu pack and headed over to Park.  I started to cramp just riding on flat road over to Park.  Hit a cramp buster and started up Park.  Immediately, I regretted the effort I gave chasing Lookador on the first pass up park. I was trying to propel my bike forward using my hips since my legs were done.  At one point, I could not reel in a walker and knew I was heading south.  I told myself that I needed stay on the pedals to make it count.  At this same time I was pretty embarrassed that I was struggling to keep up an old guy walking his dog.  I had to be mad at someone besides myself, so I projected my anger on Lookador.  I imagined his integrated seat mast breaking off and spearing him in two like a well placed triton.  This gave the motivation to make the right hander, but once I had, I was spent.  At this point I was so far off the seat and over the saddle I could of licked ground.  I was a poster boy for how not to look on a bike.  I reminded myself of that girl at the BRCM gym that uses the Stairmaster like some sort cardio walker for people with no spine, hunching over the machine and laying all the weight on the bar in front of her as her legs just shadow boxed the steps producing zero energy.  Once I could see the top I willed myself forward and finished the most embarrassing pathetic climb ever.   

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment